- Legal counsel -
The Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Russia (“Embassy”) hereby invites all interested parties to submit proposals for provision of legal counsel in acquisition of residential premises with a land plot in Moscow for use as the Ambassador’s residence.
1. (Contractor Qualification) A law firm or lawyer(s) which/who is(are) able to provide professional legal counsel, i.e. with professional experience and expertise in Russian domestic law/rules and administrative process, in acquisition of residential premises with a land plot in Moscow for the use as the Ambassador’s residence.
2. Law firm will undertake the following tasks (but not limited):
a) Legal due diligence for the prospective property;
b) Legal advice to the Embassy regarding each phase of consultation with the Russian authorities and/or owner(s);
c) Negotiation on behalf of the Embassy with owner(s);
d) Draft and complete all the necessary documentation relating to all the phase of property acquisition from contract to registration;
e) Register the purchased property and undertake necessary administrative procedures;
f) Legal valuation on taxes(i.e. VAT) and other fees involved in the acquisition of the property
3. (Duration of contract) The contract enters into force upon its signature by the Embassy and a selected law firm and it remains valid until the end of the property acquisition.
※ Note: The Embassy retains the right to terminate the contract with prior notice.
4. (Fees) Each law firm should propose their fees within the limit of amount as stated below.
o The final fee will be the lower amount between the aggregate amount of the hourly rates per each lawyer and general expenses, and the capped amount of fifty thousand (50,000) US dollars or the equivalent value in Russian rubbles.
※ Note: VAT will be separately provided.
5. The bidding process will be done in accordance with criteria stated below:
a) The amount of fee proposed by a law firm (70%);
※ The amount of fee will be evaluated in accordance with related domestic Act and statutes of the Republic of Korea.
b) Legal service record in the real estate sector in acquisition of property in Russia for a diplomatic mission or a foreign State (30%);
※ The legal service record will be evaluated as following:
The number of providing legal service in acquisition of property in Russia for a diplomatic mission or a foreign State in recent ten (10) years.
more than two (2) times
one (1) time
c) (if necessary) Understanding on how to accomplish the acquisition; Detailed plan; Composition of lawyers; Guarantee for the quality of work; etc.
d) Any bidder which fails to obtain 85 points or above in accordance with criteria stated above cannot be selected as a contractor.
6. (Deadline) Bids shall be electronically submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org from March 11, 2019 by 18:00 hours on March 19, 2019 (Moscow local time).
7. (Necessary Documents) Bidders shall submit the following information:
a) Company information; Any verifiable record of legal service experience in the real estate sector provided to a diplomatic mission or a foreign State for purchase of property in Russia (i.e. confirmation documents written by a diplomatic or a foreign State which was provided with the legal service) ; composition of lawyers;
b) Proposal for the Scope of Work and plans to work;
c) Proposal for the Fee;
8. Questions may be addressed to Nadezha Pak (email@example.com, 8-495-7832-2727, ext 1283), Assistant Staff, General Administration Section of the Embassy.
※ Note: Any submitted documents will not be returned. /End/